"life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Friday, November 11, 2011

Wedding Planning

Wedding planning is coming along. It's a lot to thnk about and if I think about too much I make myself crazy: 
What if this
 What if that
What if I'll hate that in three years
What if I help my sister or other friends plan their wedding and I say I wish I would have done that! 
What if Mike doesn't cry when I walk down the aisle
What if I don't cry
What if I cry obnoxiously
What if
What if 
What if...

I can say a lot of what if's but I haven't asked what if you just enjoy the day. It's something I have to prepare myself for each time. I have to keep reminding myself that the wedding is only one day in our marriage that will last a lifetime. The wedding day is just the beginning. I'm constantly trying to prepare myself for the major life change after the wedding. 

I'm not gonna go home to my Mommy's house and sleep in my own bed. I'm going home to OUR house to share a bed (something I don't do well).

It's a crazy journey that is happening. I'm glad I'm doing it with this man by my side! =)

Love you Mike
~in love~
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Of course there will be the what if moments, but when the day finally comes, it will be perfect!!!! There may be a hiccup or two, but they key is to just laugh at the hiccups and enjoy those moments too. When you look back you will see you and Mike standing at the altar and everything else will seem like a blur because that moment will be perfect!!! Regardless of who cries (I'm sure I'll cry enough for you both!!!, plus you don't want to ruin your makeup lol), or who doesn't, or anything else, it will become YOUR story that starts the most amazing chapter of your life, being together!!! I can't express how excited and happy I am for you both!! (ugh I'm already crying!!) :) love you both!

    ReplyDelete